Saturday, August 4, 2012

Harvest by Tess Gerritson

Dr. Abby Matteo has it all.  She's in her 2nd year of residency to become a surgeon, she's dating a handsome, older, successful doctor, and she's just been recruited by and elite Boston cardiac team.  Her whole world changes, however, when she makes a life-altering decision to give a heart to a teenager instead of the wealthy middle-aged woman it was slated to go to.

Within a few days, another heart is found for the woman, but no-one knows where it came from.  Abby defies the hospital's orders and starts to investigate.  And the truth is much worse than she ever could have thought.

I loved this book!  I'm already a fan of Tess Gerritson's, I've read the Rizzoli and Isles books and The Bone Garden (another book I highly recommend).  It horrifies me that this book is based on reality, there are some sick people out there. I can't imagine the desperation a person, and their family, could/does feel while waiting patiently for a life-saving organ transplant.  

I will say I predicted the final betrayal at the end, but that didn't make it any less painful to read.

This is a must-read for anyone who enjoys suspense, horror, mystery, and just an overall well-written book.

No comments:

Post a Comment